Design Tools for Non Designers /
For Consultants, Strategists, Business Leaders and Managers.
9.30am - 4.30pm, Wednesday 28 November 2012.
Cotton Court, Preston.
Who Is It For?
Consultants, Strategists, Business Leaders and Business Managers.
Why Does It Matter?
Today’s economy is forcing us to take a different approach to competitive advantage. Design thinking and creative techniques are being used increasingly at strategy level - in areas very often traditionally reserved for non-designers. Business leaders and consultants are familiar with working with designers to develop their brand, their products and their interiors, but they are now extending that to planning services, processes and experiences.
This approach is sometimes neatly wrapped up in the terms ‘service design’ or ‘business transformation’. The focus of this workshop delves into what that means for the business leaders and consultants of this world and how they can engage more fully with design thinking and/or creatives to improve strategy and planning.
What Will You Get?
• New design thinking techniques that will develop your ability to work creatively or procure design more strategically.
• An insight to basic approaches that will enable you to instantly work more creatively.
• Some tools to use with your clients or inside your company straight away.
• An exciting new perspective on what could be for your business and the chance to transform your approach to planning, strategy and consultancy.
What Will This Workshop Cover?
• What is service design, why is it important and how is it so 'transformative'?
• How do you review an existing service and identify areas for improvement?
• How do you create and map a customer experience journey?
• How can you introduce service design to your own offer, adding value to the work you do for clients and differentiating you from competitors?
• How do you create new service or business propositions and how do you involve your customers and their customers in this process?
Workshop Leader: David Townson
A service design expert, David has been working as a designer and design manager for the last twenty years. Following spells in both the manufacturing and service sectors and a brief stint in academia, David joined service design pioneers live|work in 2005 as Director of their North East studio. In 2008, he set up as an independent product and service development strategist. He works with people and organisations of all sizes - from small firms to multinational corporates, in private, public and third sectors - to create new product and service offers or improve existing ones.
Price: £275 per delegate
To Book Your Place or Find Out More: firstname.lastname@example.org