Manchester-New Design Thinking /
9.30am - 4.30pm, Wednesday 3 October 2012.
The Studio, Northern Quarter, Manchester.
An opportunity, in one day, to learn how new design thinking linked to ‘service design’ can help your design business grow, develop, compete and make more money.
Who Is It For?
What Will You Get?
• An advantage over your competitors and big opportunities for your design business (if you want them).
• Some tools to use with your clients so that you can get cracking straight away – so you can add value to what you do for existing clients and for new clients. They may even help you to win work.
• An exciting new perspective on what could be for your business and the chance to be involved at the start of an exciting new proposition that could really change the way design agencies work.
What Will This Workshop Cover?
• What is service design and why is it important?
• How do you review an existing service and identify areas for improvement?
• How do you create and map a customer experience journey?
• How can you introduce service design to your own offer, adding value to the work you do for clients and differentiating you from competitors?
• How do you create new service propositions and how do you involve your customers and their customers in this process?
Workshop Leader - David Townson
A service design expert, David has been working as a designer and design manager for the last twenty years. Following spells in both the manufacturing and service sectors and a brief stint in academia, David joined service design pioneers live|work in 2005 as Director of their North East studio. In 2008, he set up as an independent product and service development strategist. He works with people and organisations of all sizes - from small firms to multinational corporates, in private, public and third sectors - to create new product and service offers or improve existing ones.
Price: £275 per delegate
To Book Your Place or Find Out More: firstname.lastname@example.org